January 3, 2021

CSA Session 6 Week 2

Welcome to the first CSA basket of 2021! This Weeks Basket has 1 head of Bok choy, a half pound dinosaur kale, 1 bag of carrots, 1.5 pounds of root vegetables and 1 onion.

Even though there was no CSA last week, it hasn't slowed down here one bit. We've got 7 pigs due to give birth today and school starting on Tuesday we're definitely going to have our hands full. But the piglets are going to be cute and I'm glad to get to go back to school and see friends.

Here is 10 different fun Bok Choy recipes for you to use your families "Chinese food night." I really think the meatballs would taste good. You can't go wrong with a good meatball.

I like Kale because of how good it tastes in a lot of things. For proof of that, here is 57 different Kale recipes to try. The Kale BLT salad looks to be delicious. 

Carrots can be good with many things. I would say that carrot cakes are a great option to use that in, but between Christmas and New Years, I'd rather have something savory. I can't pass up a good tart and this one has Carrots and Ricotta Cheese. 

This Root Vegetable Hash looks like something we had once that we also added Kale to. I liked it and I definitely wouldn't mind having again.

All these Recipes have a bit of onion in them somewhere, so the onion can be added to any of them.

I hope you enjoy your veggies this week
-Maggie


Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment