Hearty Butternut Soup
2-3 pounds butternut squash
2 small onions, chopped
2 carrots, peeled and sliced thin
1 tsp minced garlic
2 tablespoons flour
1/2 teaspoon majoram
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 cup milk
1 cup chicken broth
- Prepare butternut squash ahead of time by baking for 40 minutes at 400 degrees. Cool. Then, peel and dice into chunks.
- In a large saucepan, saute onions, carrots, and garlic in butter until onions are translucent.
- Add flour, majoram, salt and pepper. Stir on medium-high heat for one minute.
- Add milk, stirring constantly.
- Stir in cubed, peeled squash.
- Stir in chicken broth. Reduce heat to simmer.
- Allow to simmer for 10-15 minutes.