November 21, 2010

K-State Cauliflower

I have been eagerly anticipating this purple cauliflower. I ordered seed in mid January. The seed got back ordered and I didn't receive it until the May. I planted it and set these plants out in early June, a month or more late! The weather turned off HOT and the plants stopped growing. Bugs and grasshoppers ate the leaves to almost nothing. Then in August they started to grow again and finally on November 20th, I have purple cauliflower. It has been a long wait, but oh-so good! Now I wish the other 50 or so I planted in August would do something, but I know it is too late. I must get them in sooner next year!

Photobucket

We also picked some white cauliflower and broccoli along with yellow and orange carrots. Who says we can't eat the rainbow?

Photobucket
Share/Bookmark

1 comment: