April 6, 2011

Tomato and Garden update



It appears that spring, may have sprung. However, I am keeping a watchful eye on the weather.

We finished planting the big tomatoes on Saturday. We had a little problem with some wind and row cover. It was blown over and broke off a few plants. Not worries, we will just replant.

We have many crops seeded or transplanted. Many more to come. On Tuesday, I started 300 zucchini and cucumber plants to put out in the movable buildings. We will get them out in about 10-14 days.

It is a busy time and we will start harvesting very soon too!


Share/Bookmark

2 comments:

  1. What is a good market tomato variety? I have always grown a lot of pepeprs, but this year I want to do tomatoes to sell at market. Any suggestions?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pepper Guy,

    Sorry I didn't get back sooner, I have been busy!

    Are these grown in a high tunnel or outside?

    Now I only grow tomatoes in high tunnels. Here is a list of the varieties that I grow.

    Big Beef
    BHN 640
    BHN 589
    Polbig
    Florida 91
    Cherokee Purple
    Estiva

    I have been very happy with these tomatoes production.

    Jay

    ReplyDelete