August 14, 2011

Winter Squash, Update

Today I was able to get to Abilene and get some much needed weeding done. I use the term "Weeding" very lightly, more like thinning. I know there are going to be weeds, I am ok with this. I am just trying to reduce the number of weeds by 75% or more.

So, I thought I would share some pictures to tell the story.

BEFORE
Before Weeding

AFTER a 4.5 hour weeding marathon.

Photobucket

AFTER on the other side
Photobucket

The squash is doing great. Lots of blooms and lots of squash are set on. Here are some pictures to give you an idea.

Acorn

Photobucket

Butternut

Photobucket

Spaghetti

Photobucket

Delictica

Photobucket

Sweet Dumpling

Photobucket

I picked one Acorn squash, just to see how it is doing. The rind is hard and can't be punctured. I think it could use another week or two, but we will see.

Photobucket


I hope to be picking the Spaghetti and Acorn by the end of August. The rest should be ready by mid to late September.


Share/Bookmark

1 comment:

  1. Wait. This squash spot is in Abilene? Where? I'd be willing to help tackle weeds in exchange for amazing squash.

    ReplyDelete