July 10, 2012

Watermelon time!

I just realize I haven't posted anything on my blog for well over a month. I am sorry, I guess I have been kinda busy. :) Well I am pretty proud of these watermelons we are growing this year. I am going to start harvesting in the next 7 to 10 days and will continue to harvest for as long as we can. We have three plantings, May 20th, June 7th and July 7th. We "Should" have melons from now til frost. Let me show you the progression of the first planting from May 20th. They have been for planted 50 days as of today, July 10th. The are planted in Black plastic and are watered with drip. It is said that black plastic alone will cause them to ripen up to two weeks earlier. That said, this weather has helped out too! Pictures say more than words, so here you go. Well this isn't the melon patch, but you can see it in the upper left hand corner. This was on April 1st. Photobucket May 18th, two days before planting. Photobucket May 27th Photobucket Photobucket June 15th Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket July 10th Photobucket Photobucket Yum! Photobucket Enjoy!
Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment