February 28, 2021

CSA session 7 week 5

 This week's basket includes a Dozen Eggs, Radishes, Spinach, and Carrots. 

                           

I honestly think of eggs as one of the most versatile things in cooking. It's used in everything from a delicious breakfast Spinach Quiche to our personal favorite Egg Drop Soup recipe. Eggs are also fundamental in binding together many of our favorites like hamburgers and meatballs. In my opinion, the best use of eggs is for an egg wash on top of breads. It gives them a nice shine and a great crunch.

Radishes are a great way to spice up any recipe. This Baja Radish Salad is one of our favorites. So is the Pink Goo Salad that Dad made up. It tastes really nice on top of a plain bed of greens. Now we all like French fries, but have you ever had Radish fries? I haven't either, but I think they'd taste pretty good. 

What can be said about Spinach that hasn't been said before? Spinach Artichoke Dip? Amazing. Mandarin Orange Salad? One of my favorites. People will even put Spinach in smoothies. (I personally like the fruity or chocolatey smoothies but that's just me.) 

Somehow we've managed to have our carrots last this long, which is honestly surprising because normally they run out around the middle of January. Not this year though! However, there are some drawbacks to that. You can only make so many carrot recipes and most of the ones you find online are all the same. If you search up Carrot recipes on google the majority of the recipes are all some variation of Roasted Carrots and then you get a few Carrot Cake recipes and it's right back to the Roasted ones again. What about the Carrot fries or the Carrot Souffle which I just learned was a thing that I would like to try out.

I hope you enjoy this week's basket and I hope you have a great week and since this is the final basket until the summer months, I hope you stay healthy.
Maggie.


Share/Bookmark

3 comments:

  1. สล็อตเว็บตรงฝากถอน true wallet ไม่มีขั้นต่ำ นั้นยังเป็นเหตุให้มีโปรสล็อตตลอดระยะเวลา สดใหม่ ก็เลยทำให้เกมของพวกเราPGSLOTนั้น มีคุณภาพ มีมาตรฐาน แล้วก็ ยังเปิดบริการ24ชั่วโมง

    ReplyDelete
  2. สล็อต ทดลอง เล่น ระบบใหม่ปัจจุบันที่ได้สะสมเกมทดสอบเล่นสล็อตค่าย PG SLOT ที่ทดสอบ เล่นสล็อตฟรีสปิน ทดสอบเล่นได้ก่อนผู้ใคร ไม่ต้องสมัคร ไม่ต้องฝาก ทดลองเล่นสล็อตฟรี

    ReplyDelete