November 30, 2020

Salad Spree, Day 4: Cranberries and Kale

 In honor of Thanksgiving last week, today's salad includes tangy cranberries and toasted pecans. I mean, it's virtually a dessert! 

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1ZMOIcDRQUCo2kKQckpcODwwc54wnFEfL

Okay, maybe not quite. But it is a sweet salad. 

I have a few friends who will admit they don't like kale. I argue they haven't tried fresh kale. Did you know that veggies and fruits start losing sugar the moment they are picked? So the fresher the veggie, the better it tasted. I knew this academically, but it wasn't until I tried kale that wasn't ours that I realized what a difference fresh makes.


And so I challenge you. Come out to the Farmers Market this Saturday by the mall in Manhattan and get some freshly picked kale from Jay and his helper of the day. Or email us and arrange a delivery. Try one of these salads. And give fresh kale a try. 


But I digress. Here is the recipe for this week's salad: kale salad with apple, cranberry, and pecan. We used dinosaur kale, red king radishes, plus cranberries, pecans, goat cheese, and green apple. The dressing turned out a lot better than the previous orange gloop.


Remember, kale likes to sit in dressing for a while before you eat it. Make this salad ahead of time, for the flavors to really build and mingle.


Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment